Abstracts submission deadline extended to 28th April 2019.
The African Potato Association (APA) local organising committee together with the Rwanda Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) and the International Potato Center (CIP) announces the dates and venue of the 11th triennial conference 2019. The APA conference will be held at the Kigali Convention Center from 26th – 29th August 2019. Delegates should plan to arrive on 15:00 on Sunday the 25th August to be able to participate in the opening event. The 29th of August will be a field day.
Conference themes: Papers to be presented at the conference should fall within the following six sub-themes.
1. Increasing Productivity and Nutrition Quality through Breeding and Crop Management
2. Addressing the Seed System Bottleneck
3. Assuring Healthy and Safe Diets in a Changing World
4. Innovating Solutions to Post-harvest Management, Processing Technologies, and Marketing Systems
5. Exploiting the Digital Revolution for Technology Delivery, Communication & Advocacy Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
6. Reaching End Users at Scale, Youth, and Gender Engagement
Authors will be required to specify their preferred mode of presentation during abstract submission. We expect a wide range of exhibitors ranging from scientists, the private sector, farmer associations, and development agencies. Special symposia can be arranged in consultation with the APA 2019 secretariat.
Author Guidelines for Abstract Submission
All abstracts will be subjected to an evaluation process by the Abstract Committee to assess the suitability for inclusion in the Conference program.
1. All abstracts must be submitted in English.
2. Abstracts will be published as received. Typing or other errors made by the authors will not be corrected.
3. Use MS Word to type abstracts.
4. Use Arial font and font size 11, single space.
5. The whole abstract body must not be longer than 400 words. This does not include title, authors, designation, affiliation and keywords.
6. Type the title in CAPITAL LETTERS, followed by the name(s) of the author(s). For the name write the first name, followed by the surname. Underline the presenting author.
7. Include the affiliation of all the authors.
8. Leave a one-line space between the authors’ institution and the beginning of the text.
9. The body of the abstract should be organized as follows:
- State the principle objectives and scope of the investigation
- Describe the methodology employed
- Summarize the results
- State the principle conclusions reached
- Recommendations on practical application may be made
10. No illustrations may be included in the abstract.
11. References are not required.
12. Desist from concluding with “promise of additional data” or with “results will be discussed”.
14. Authors must have a confirmed registration for the Conference by 31 July 2019. Failure to do so will result in their paper being removed from the program.
15. Those selected for an oral presentation will be expected to submit a paper by 31 July 2019.
Abstracts will be reviewed as they are submitted and therefore cannot be edited before completion of the review process.